From TouchDesigner 099 Wiki
Differences with TouchDesigner on macOS
- In most cases where one would use the "ctrl" modifier key on Windows, macOS uses the "cmd" key.
- Common main menu items and macOS system wide shortcuts are respected where possible. For example, the location and keyboard shortcut for TouchDesigner Preferences... is 'macOS-like'.
- The scroll wheel actions are inverted compared to Windows (by default), but this can be set in macOS with System Preferences > Mouse > Scroll Direction: Natural
- TouchPlayer is distributed using a separate installer on macOS. Scroll down after following this link Download macOS TouchPlayer
- CodeMeter Runtime for USB Licensing Dongles is a separate installer on macOS. Download it here Download macOS CodeMeter
- You can run multiple builds of TouchDesigner easily on macOS by simply putting the TouchDesigner application in a different folder or by renaming the TouchDesigner.app file (so it doesn't overwrite the existing build).
Limitations and Known Issues
- Operators not functioning yet but in the works.
- Tablet CHOP
- Shared Mem OPs
- SVG TOP
- Web Render TOP
- Text TOP - Only renders text in Bitmap mode for now.
- DMX Out CHOP - ENTTEC USB Pro not connecting automatically. For now work around is entering this command in the Terminal.
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBFTDI
- Multiple Instances - You can only launch 1 TouchDesigner process at a time.
- You can launch a second TD process from inside a TD process using ui.viewFile() from the UI Class.
- Window COMP - Windows can not span across monitors, setup separate Window COMPs for each monitor. Open all Windows COMPs except the last one using "Open in Separate Window" and then open the last one using Perform Mode.
- Geometry COMP - Instance texturing is not currently supported by Apple's OpenGL drivers.
- 3D Viewers and SOP Modeler
- Selection of geometry not working
- SOP Modeler not working yet
- SymbolPicker doesn't render
- Operators that are not supported on macOS.
- Kinect OPs
- RealSense OPs
- DirectX TOPs
- Oculus Rift OPs
- OpenVR OPs
- Scalable Display TOP
- NatNet CHOP
You can find the crash reports via Applications->Utilities->Console. The Crash reports will be under User Reports and named TouchDesigner099_date-xxx.crash.