The Info CHOP gives you extra information about a node. All nodes contain extra inside information, and different types of nodes (TOPs, CHOPs, etc) contain different subsets of information. This additional information can be accessed via an Info CHOP.
These extra attributes can also be accessed using the
opinfo command and by using the
opinfo() expression. This expression will give numeric and text information, and the CHOP gives only what can be expressed as numbers.
Parameters Info Page
/op - The path of the node that the Info CHOP is getting information from. You can drag and drop any node onto this path, or type the path directly into the field.
/iscope - The names of the attributes to keep. Name patterns may be used as detailed in Pattern Matching.
/values - Select channel with values inside or outside the range specified in Range.
- All - All channels selected.
- Inside Range - Channels with values inside Range selected.
- Outside Range - Channels with values outside Range selected.
/range - Set the bounds for selecting channels by value.
/passive - When Passive is Off the Info CHOP will cook the Operator it is pointing to before querying its values. When Passive is On it will not force a cook. A side effect: If the Info CHOP and the target are both cooking that frame, the Info may cook before the target, so it’s data will be a frame late.
Standard Options and Local Variables
The attributes the Info CHOP monitors are listed below.
- total_cooks - Number of times the node has cooked.
- cook_timestamp - Last time at which node cooked (in seconds).
- cook_time - Time it took for the last cook.
- num_children - Number of nodes in the component.
- select - Current button state.
- lselect - Current left button state.
- mselect - Current middle button state.
- rselect - Current right button state.
- u - Current mouse U position
- v - Current mouse V position.
- rollover - True when mouse is within panel boundary and not obstructed by sub panels.
- inside - True when mouse is within panel boundary.
- radio - Index of last selected child.
- lradio - Index of last left-button selected child.
- mradio - Index of last middle-button selected child.
- rradio - Index of last right-button selected child.
- radioname - Name of last selected child.
- lradioname - Name of last left-button selected child.
- mradioname - Name of last middle-button selected child.
- rradioname - Name of last right-button selected child.
- children - Number of panel components contained within.
- display - Read-only version of display parameter.
- enable - Read-only version of the enable parameter.
- click - Button click count value, for multiple clicks.
- state - Button state (dependent on button type)
- lstate - Left button state
- mstate - Middle button state
- rstate - Right button state
- stateu - Slider U position.
- statev - Slider V position.
- field - String value of the field.
- key - Last pressed key.
- focus - Focus state of the field. (ie edit mode)
- num_points - Number of points in the geometry.
- num_prims - Number of primitives in the geometry.
- length - Length of CHOP, expressed in samples.
- sample_rate - Samples per second (rate) of the CHOP.
- num_channels - Number of channels in the CHOP.
- time_slice - Whether or not the CHOP is timeseliced.
- read_index - Network transfer stats
- read_index - Network transfer stats
Audio Play CHOP - The following attributes have a suffix to indicate which index/sample they refer to. For example, using a DAT list the AudioPlay CHOP can contain a list of audio files, sample_state0 refers to the first file, sample_state1 the second file, and so on.
- sample_state0 -
- sample_time0 -
- sample_length0 -
- queue_read_pos0 -
- queue_write_pos0 -
- queue_length0 -
- start - Beginning frame of the image sequence.
- length - Length of the image sequence.
- sample_rate - Sample rate of sequence.
- resx - Resolution width.
- resy - Resolution height.
- aspectx - Image aspect width.
- aspecty - Image aspect height.
- index - Current image displayed.
- read_ahead_misses - Disk caching statistics.