Real time drawing in Touchdesigner?

Hi,

I was asking myself is it possible to draw thanks Touchdesigner in real time with a wacom hardware?
I tried photoshop TOP but you need to wait the end of the line to see it on Touch.

Even if we can’t, is it possible that the last line appear slowly like a kind of a fading in?

You can transform a circle or rectangle TOP on a larger canvas then use a feedback TOP to keep the trail. Then you can swap out the circle or rectangle with whatever brushes you want.

two different examples.

Like Elburz suggested - feedback.

Or

recording the path and drawing a line along it. This one is still a little fussy, but it’s a start for you to riff off of.
liveDraw.tox (3.32 KB)

Thank you Elburz and Matthew :wink:

The second exemple has a script error about Chopto SOP : “Not Enough source specified”, means that I need to connect something before? Isn’t it? Maybe the experimental build doesn’t need it? I use the stable one at this time.

I also find an other way with screengrab TOP to capture the photoshop work’s area. This is what I was looking for but this is too much in computing time.

Could we expect a realtime node for photoshop in the near future?

Sorry about that. The method here does need the experimental build.

Are you doing this all on a single computer? Could you use spout?
[url]Spout

If you’re on another computer you could use a capture card to capture it as a stream.