Derivative is looking for a senior developer to join the team responsible for developing TouchDesigner. A successful applicant must be able to contribute to a wide array of TouchDesigner’s current and upcoming features, such as audio/video pipeline, rendering, interfacing with external hardware, networking and UI.
The applicant should be a C++ developer with 5+ years of experience developing in very large codebases. Our development team interfaces with the end-users heavily and many of the features added to the software are the result of individual developers' initiative based on user feedback. The applicant should be able to manage their own time and priorities, with a focus on what will best serve the end-users. There are many areas in the software that a new developer could focus on, so the actual features/tasks can be a combination of the developer's interests and strengths.
This position is full-time on-site at our downtown Toronto studio.
- 5+ years’ experience working in large codebase for end-user product(s).
- Strong C++ programming on Windows and/or OSX.
- Programming real-time, high performance applications.
- Programming experience with many of these disciplines:
- Rendering and Shaders
- Networking, including working with custom and standardized protocols
- Video/Image processing
- Interfacing with external devices and SDKs
- Incorporating open source libraries into codebase
- Optimization and algorithms
- Applicant should be able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Familiarity with Python is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
Bachelors in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent.
Please email your resume and cover letter to contact
About Derivative and TouchDesigner:
TouchDesigner is a real-time visual development tool aimed at enabling artists to create interactive real-time content. TouchDesigner is used as the platform of choice for a wide variety of different project types such as: musical stage shows, theatrical stage shows, large scale projection mappings, theme park attractions, art installations, retail installations, sports stadiums, VR projects, and feature films. Developing TouchDesigner means being exposed to all of these different markets and their unique demands.
Derivative offers a completely flexible working schedule and is located in the vibrant Queen St. West neighborhood of Toronto.