APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

TDAbleton - TouchDesigner Ableton Connection

Share your components here. First one to 100 wins!

Re: TDAbleton - TouchDesigner Ableton Connection

Postby attackrelease » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 pm

hi spaghetti -

Are you controlling Ableton with TouchDesigner or do you have controls from Ableton sending into TD?

I recently completed a music video where I had written a bunch of automation in Ableton that was controlling parts of my TD patch. The way I made the offline render was to do a play-through of the song with Realtime turned on in TD to capture all the automation into a Record CHOP. Then, when I was doing the non-realtime rendering, I looked up the channel values based on the current frame of the timeline.

Is that the pipeline you would need?
attackrelease

Postby sunspider » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:25 am

Ableton doesn't have a concept of frames, so I'm not sure how "advancing the frame in Ableton" would work. You could advance the playhead position by the amount of time that would elapse in a frame if you were in realtime mode.
- Ivan DelSol
sunspider

Postby Ivan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:14 pm

Posted 1.17.0 in top post.

• Changed default OSC Ports again. There were problems on too many systems. Send feedback if you have conflicts
  • Better sorting of output channels from abletonMIDI, abletonLevel, and abletonRack components.
  • Default Note Channel options on abletonMIDI to show a range of note channels before actual notes are received
  • Fixed a bug in the Demo Set where the abletonRack was broken
Ivan
Staff

Postby kendraplex » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:48 pm

this is awesome
kendraplex

Postby nicobandoneon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:22 pm

attackrelease wrote:hi spaghetti -

Are you controlling Ableton with TouchDesigner or do you have controls from Ableton sending into TD?

I recently completed a music video where I had written a bunch of automation in Ableton that was controlling parts of my TD patch. The way I made the offline render was to do a play-through of the song with Realtime turned on in TD to capture all the automation into a Record CHOP. Then, when I was doing the non-realtime rendering, I looked up the channel values based on the current frame of the timeline.

Is that the pipeline you would need?

Hello! sounds great
Any tutorial on this?
nicobandoneon

Previous

Return to Shared .tox Components