Camera ZED

Awesome! I was just about to write my own. If you need a beta tester :slight_smile:

Yeah Iā€™m having no joy on the 9.x cuda versions of the sdk so going to rollback to earlier firmware and sdk. See how it goes :confused:

Is there an approximation of what might be included in the top? Ie read depth, cam left / right, confidence maps. Or are other features planned.

Weā€™re hoping to get a build out today with pretty full support, trying to tie up some remaining loose ends. We have a TOP, CHOP and SOP coming for this camera.

Thanks so much for your patience. Here is the build:

dropbox.com/s/yrx6gq7l596d4 ā€¦ t.exe?dl=0

let us know how it works for you.
Note that since this required changing the CUDA version, this feature canā€™t make it into the 2018.20000 main branch. So youā€™ll need to use this build until the 2018.40000 comes out.

Fantastic timing Malcom. I just had a friend bring a ZED cam over to the studio this afternoon.

I was immediately able to see all of the image inputs from the drop down and could switch the resolutions and other parameters effectively.

The quality of the depth image iā€™m getting from my camera is pretty bad right now - objects end up having big blocky noisy shadows all around them - so i think i need to recalibrate it before I fully understand itā€™s capabilities.

Super helpful to have this top with so many parameters exposed. Will follow up once iā€™ve tested again after calibratingā€¦ hopefully that will tighten up the quality of the depth feed.

Thanks so much.

Amazing! Thanks team!

Currently the camera fps seems locked at 15fps (might upgrade my firmware though). No biggie for me actually for the near future it gets me where i need to go. If I use video device in top you can (even in the live release of TD) pick up the camera feed off the left in case anyone is interested.

Gotta say, Fill mode - wow! Really happy with those results. I was underwhelmed by the raw depth maps from the zed but this really kicks it up 10 notches :slight_smile:

Hi team,

updated to the latest zed sdk and firmware - getting great fps now :slight_smile:

Do you have a rough timeline for the next official release with zed support? Just factoring that into my current project needs.

It wonā€™t make it into the main 2018.20000 builds, but this build is based off of those, so as stable (except for any ZED related stuff). If there are features that you need in 2018.20000 that arnā€™t in the current ZED camera build just ask, and Iā€™ll make a new one that is up to date with the latest 2018.20000 + ZED support.

Itā€™ll be in the main 2018.40000 release though.

Managed to test 3x zed depth cameras successfully at 30fps 720p with filtration on. Dedicated usb 3. ports required as well as running each zed in a seperate instance else youā€™ll get flickering. Also recommend for heavier gpu based scenes to assign your camera instances to a second quadro to prevent performance reductions.

Nice one pete!

" If there are features that you need in 2018.20000 that arnā€™t in the current ZED camera build just ask "

Would it be possible to read SVO file with the ZED TOP?

Thanks

What version(s) of the Zed SDK and Cuda does the TD TOP support?

I just installed SDK 3.02 and Cuda 10.2 and TouchDesigner doesnā€™t seem to like it. Zed works fine with all their apps and Unity.

Iā€™m willing to downgrade my Cuda and/or Zed SDK to use it now.

Cheers

Stuart

We are compiled against the 2.8 version of their SDK. However you shouldnā€™t need to install anything to get it working. Maybe they changed their drivers or firmware though. Iā€™ll check in the office soon.
You are using the v1 camera right? We donā€™t yet have a v2 in the office to test with.

1 Like

Hi Malcom

Yeah, Iā€™m using a v1 camera. I just tested and it works on my laptop which has 2.81 of the SDK and several versions of Cuda, newest being 10.1.

I will try and install the 2.81 SDK on my desktop and see if it flies with the version of Cuda I have.

Cheers Malcom

Stuart

Just an update. I uninstalled the newer SDK and went with ZED 2.81 along with Cuda 10.0. 10.1 + 10.2 didnā€™t seem to work.

So ZED is working.

After looking at the ZED 2, I just ordered one. Looking forward to seeing the Zed 3.02 getting rolled into the TOP. (no pressure)

thanks as always. much appreciated

Stuart

Hey Community,

I d like to ask if there is any TOUCH ā€œTOPā€ planned (or already existing) for working with Spatial Object Detection and Large-Scale 3D Skeleton Tracking working with a Zedi2.
I d very much like to use it instead of a Kinect v2, as I would have availability to two Zedi2 and to one Zed Mini. And The positional Tracking on a FLOOR/PLANE seems to be very accurate with ZED :slight_smile:
And does TOUCH support two Zedi2 on one PC? How do the TOPs react to that?

Cheers and Thanks,
Sirom

We are working on 3D skeleton tracking for Zed for our next experimental release, available in the coming months. We do not have Spatial Object Detection planned yet, but it could be added with Pro Support if required.

TouchDesigner supports multiple ZED cameras per process, though they do not sync or talk to each other in anyway, you can run multiple at the same time.

2 Likes

thank you very much. what is pro support?

Pro support gives you direct one-on-one support with our team, custom builds, immediate bug support, and feature additions. You get Pro support with TouchDesigner Pro which includes 6hours to start with, you can use this time for anything. This includes custom feature requests for tasks we do not have immediately in our roadmap.

More info
https://derivative.ca/support-service
Reference Pro Support - Derivative

all right, thanks a lot.

I think, thats above my possibilities at the moment. but I am looking forward to get the educational license very soon!

greetz