Accumulating values with speed CHOP

Hi all,

I’m trying read rows of a table based on the timeline, but using the beats rather than frames or seconds. It’s all good using the beat CHOP as long as I do it with bars, but what I really want is to be able to step through on sixteenth notes.

I figure I could set the beat CHOP to send sixteenths, but then clamp the output to 1 to use as a sort of ‘clock’ to step through, accumulating values with the speed CHOP. I’m not understanding something because somehow the speed CHOP is showing fractional values, even though I’m only sending 0 and 1. I’ve included a .tox that has the set up.

What I want to know is: How do you accumulate integer values?

Many thanks!

Reference: matthewragan.com/2014/05/28/let … hdesigner/
sequencer.tox (1.32 KB)

Hello,
You can add a math chop after speed chop and set the integer parameter to floor.

Hmmm doesn’t seem to solve the issue. It’s the speed chop that seems to be accumulating incorrectly. I’ve included a 10 second video clip to show what I mean (1.2mb).
td-seq.mov (1.17 MB)

On mobile so can’t open your example but it sounds like you could use a Count CHOP, with its limitmax parameter set to the number of rows in your table. Use your 16th notes as a trigger of that Count CHOP. (A count occurs when its triggersignal goes from below or equal to zero, to anything above zero)