How would you do this?

Hi guys
There is an app called moonshadow that works like this: you choose a color from a region of your footage and then replace it with an effect (glitch, displace, etc.)
I’m pretty sure I can achieve something very similar with TD but I don’t know where or how to start.

that’s will be interesting to know about choosing colors in realtime. you actually can glitch and displace everything pretty easy. for example take a look at this short tut - facebook.com/paketa12/video … 083359968/

you can compose your results on the image/video and that’s will be something. but i don’t know how to pick regions of interest .

Thanks!
I’m pretty sure that the key is playing with channels or color range, but I don’t know how to get it done.

My initial suggestion would be to look at the Chroma Key TOP. You can use it to isolate specific regions of the image depending on HSL values. Using that you can create a mask to which you can apply effects.

The matte TOP is also quite useful for this sort of thing. OP Snippets shows it pretty well.