FIXED: question regarding environmental mapping in 099

Hi There,

A couple of years ago, Matthew Ragan helped me with a project which was essentially a mirror that reflects sound and light, with the sound distorting the surface of the mirror like much like a vertical puddle.

The object created in td was formed from created a line displaced by audio which was then rotated through 360 degrees to create a plain 3d surface that moved and pulsed to ambient noise. The mirror element was created by environmentally lighting the output from a webcam at the centre of the mapped object onto the resulting surface via a phong mat. it worked beautifully,ripple td88.mov (18.3 MB) that is until 099 came out.
ripple td99.mov (19.3 MB)
I have attached 2 vids that show the difference in output between 88 and 99, as you can see the content of the video environmental lighting is clearly visible on the surface of the object in 88 but in 99 it is clearly reflecting in a very different way. the content is not visible at all, its like its lighting through a different axis or something.

it looks like the scaling of the environmental lighting may have changed for one, but thats all i have at this point.

If anyone could help me shed some light (environmental or otherwise!) I would be very grateful. the offending file is attached below
Mirra Screen Version.toe (51.4 KB)

This looks like a something a texture SOP might solve, but it’s not working for me. This seems especially unexpected given that it works as expected in 088 vs 099. You might move this post over to bugs to :confused:

I did wonder whether this should be in bugs… I’ll move it over there later if I get nothing here, thanks for looking Matthew

It seems like a bug to me. I’ll move the topic over to the bugs forum and take a look.

many thanks Malcom

This bug is now fixed. Thanks for the report. Builds 2017.12960 or later.

Ah Great, thanks so much Malcom, I’ll look out for it

Hi Malcom,

Just upgraded and it works a treat, many thanks!