360 Stitcher Component

Are you able to share your .pts file and some sample images?

THis looks great, although I have not had a play with it yet.

I just got a Samsung Gear 360 camera [url]http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-360-review[/url]

I like it so far. Obviously, it has some limitations but fun to shoot stuff on the go and see it in VR on my phone then and there.

THe Gear 360’s picture is basically two back-to-back fisheye hemispheres that are stitched together for a spherical ‘VR’ view. Would it be hard to persuade this component to stitch this?

Rod.

No its not too hard, this is the same image format as the Ricoh Theta camera. You just need a PTGui file for the camera and you’ll be good to go. Help is inside the Stitch COMP in readme

Hi, I’ve the same problem as @dimon
The Stitcher refuses to open any PTGui project when the lens parameter in PTGui are set to “Fullframe fisheye”, which is the correct lens for GoPro’s, used in most of the 360 rigs.
Will be very nice to see an update in the Stitcher for fullframe fisheye compatibility.
Thanks

Malcolm mentioned before that we need a .pts file and some sample images of “Fullframe Fisheye” to look at this. We do not have the required files but if provided for us we’d be happy to test and try to update the Stitcher component. Thanks!

Hi, here I provide a PTGui Fullframe Fisheye project with 6 images (GoPro5 captured via SDI), that doesn’t load on Stitcher component. I’ve also included a PTGui Circular Fisheye project that loads ok on Stitcher but the lens parameter is not ok, so there is some distortion on the image.
Thanks for helping

[url]https://wetransfer.com/downloads/356dec4ab0076e018103dbd42278bca520170702141626/475491b24acc11a7e3c4da1645f98d6920170702141626/70786b[/url]

Unfortunately this link is no longer valid. Sorry we didn’t get to it last week but it was a short week with the national holidays. Could you repost this?

Curious is there a way to take a Camera component set to have a spherical FOV that is output to a flat equirec? I’d like to work with equirec in order to overlay it with an already stitched 360 videos and graphics.

You can use the Projection TOP to convert for you.

Hello,

Is there any possibility that the stitcher can be implemented in further releases to use non-fisheye cameras and be intended for non-360 PTgui stitch files?

I would love to use it for multi-camera panoramic video that is not intended for VR.

Since it is intended for Fisheye cameras, I am not able to load PTS files for my 4 camera panoramic setup (expected per the documentation).

Are there any workarounds or possibilities for updates on this tool?

Thanks

Kelly

When using the Stitcher 1.1 in TD build 14360 could not get the right result. As the picture below, the market.png is the result by using the example project and image in the PTGui, and the result.png is using the palette Stitcher, it looks like has some FOV issue. I append the toe file, could anyone help me to tell if I do something wrong?

stitcher_ptgui.toe (19.7 KB)

Hi @ivantsai21,

very sorry about this. There was a script error where the wrong lens type was assigned.
This will be updated in the next release.

In the meantime you can use this version:
stitcher.tox (16.0 KB)

Cheers
Markus

Hi. Old post I know. Where do you guys get you PTS file? I can’t find anything about it. I want to use a ricoh theta. Cheers!

You need to create your own PTS file using PTGui and sample images from your camera.

1 Like

Hi!

i have 6 video clips captured with an INSTA PRO 2 as moviefileinputs in TD in sync.
Then i rotate them 90º and i capture one frame from each movie clip.
I import the still images to PTGui, follow all procedures to obtain the panorama and i save the project.
i can import PTGui project into TD/Palette/Stitcher but i can’t figure out how or where to reconnect the movie files into Stitcher.

Sorry if it’s so obvious but i couldn’t find any tutorial-help.

Thanks!

If the ptgui configuration is being parsed correctly, then you should see input appear on the stitcher COMP where you’d connect the source videos. Can you attach the generated configuration you got out of ptgui here?

Hi Malcom:

After wrinting the post i figured out that reading and parsing the PTGui configuration should fill internal node DATs, then the replicartor will publish an input for each camera, right?

May be we are using an old PTGui version (10.xx)?

Today we have updated our PTGui license, so this afternoon i will retry it.

Thanks for your help!

They did change their configuration file format a few years ago and the latest version expects that one. That could certainly be the issue

Dear Malcom:

Yes, it seems PTGui version was a bit old …

Now this is my issue stitching 6 images.On number 1 i get this king of black and white mask instead of the image.

On the wetransfer link you can file PTGui project and original stills for the stitching.

wetransfer
.com/downloads/826096b16a299894f8fb93bd460d9ba120221122185519/81298c26f59c3b8982efbb3d3bd379d820221122185554/1a7304?trk=TRN_TDL_01&utm_campaign=TRN_TDL_01&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendgrid

Dear @alexC,

what version of TouchDesigner are you using for this? In TouchDesigner 2022.29850, the result looks such:

Best
Markus