LookingGlass Display

Just wanted to let the TD community know that we’re working on a TD integration for the LookingGlass holographic display (matthew@besidedigital.com

Very cool!

Just a quick update: this is fully working. We will be formally releasing during our workshop at the TD Summit but we are looking for a few beta testers before then. If you have a LookingGlass and would like to try out the integration please email me at matthew@besidedigital.com.

Nice! just sent you an e-mail, would love to help beta test.

For future purposes: github.com/besidedigital/lookingglassTD

1 Like

Will this work with the new portrait version display?

We don’t have access to the new version of the LG to test with and this will not work with it out-of-the-box. That being said, my understanding is that the core rendering methodologies haven’t changed so it likely wouldn’t be difficult to add support to the TD plugin. The project is open source and members of the TD community are encouraged to create a pull request or branch our work and expand on it.

Hey, I just got a portrait and was able to get it working to a degree but it isn’t perfect. I am mostly using it to convert quilts from Notch in real time and its extremely promising! I would really like to see this updated for the portrait! I’d love to help you get it working. This thing is pretty magical, especially in real time!

Hi @cerspense

Im currently trying to adapt the previous TD network to work with the LG portrait, but no success yet… do you have any developments on your attempts? care to share it?

thank you!

meanwhile I’ve managed to adapt picturesbyrobots previous network to work with the LG Portrait, you can find it here: GitHub - picturesbyrobots/lookingglassTD: An implementation of the Looking Glass plugin for TouchDesigner 099

just to give a heads up, the 2021.16270 official version breaks functionality with the LGP. We are sticking to 2021.15800 - seems to be a problem of of precision somehow

2 Likes

I’m trying to adapt picturesbyrobot’s toe to work with the LKG 32 inch display (loaner for a few months). The Portrait displays work great with this toe but I’m missing any depth in my attempt to port the shader. What I see in TD resembles the RGBD images (the quilt converging on a single image) but without any depth.

I’ve put some notes on the Discord

Any advice?