HDMI Capture

Greetings all

Anyone used VisionLC-HD from datapath successfully ?
Were there issues, or was it good ??

I used the older VGA device a few years back with 088 …
but wanted to get an update before I acquire one of these (or attempt to !).

Many thanks.

M

I just started using one. It replaced a Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Recorder 4k that seemed to have some incompatibility with some of my computers’ motherboards (or something – “ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6”, FWIW). I tried two blackmagic cards in two slots, but they always started dropping frames and intermittently losing signal.

So far, the Datapath card has been rock solid. I ordered a second one for another computer running a 24/7 installation just in case the blackmagic decides to fritz out.

Not really related, but in this same installation I’ve been using four Datapath FX4 display controllers to drive two display arrays and they’ve also been great. Support is good too.

Maybe the only problem with Datapath is their distribution, it can be hard to get things quickly in a pinch.

All datapath products (all capture cards and distribution like the FX4) are highly recommended with TouchDesigner, never had an issue with them.

Thank you both for the response !
I will walk the datapath way then.
(I used decklink for HDSDI quite happily, but this is computer sourced HDMI, so wanted to be careful of the resolution/framerate stuff)

Many thanks !

M