IDS IR Camera with Video Device In, not WDM

I’m using an IDS IR uEye camera (UI336xCP-NIR) with the latest drivers. I have a 120 fps monitor and TD project (TD 2017.15960 on Windows 10). When I use a Video Device In TOP and select WDM as the library, the camera works. However, if I select Imaging Development Systems (IDS) as the library, I get no image (“Error: Unable to connect to device”). Why am I getting this error? Is there any benefit to using the IDS drop-down option rather than WDM? Thanks.

Can you report anything on latency using that setup? (using WDM then). I´m looking at the same camera…

I think it’s a steady 120 fps and the cook time is only 0.047 ms. I’m still curious if there’s any benefit to the other option.

Now I think I’m encountering an issue from using WDM instead of the native option.

The Video Device In has an Options parameter. Through this panel I can adjust the pixel clock, frame rate, and exposure of the IDS camera. If I save the TD file and reopen, I get this error pop-up:
Warning: Skipping unrecognized parameter “options value: Device Output (project1/videodevin.parm)” (/project1/videodevin1)

What can I do to save camera settings in between project opens? I’ve also tried using the uEye utility called uEye Cockpit, but that doesn’t preserve settings either.