Which Projector for Proof of Concept / Small shows?

Hey guys,
So, I’m planning on picking up an Origin laptop and getting back into the swing of things (projection mapping). I’ve already got an Esponse PowerLite HomeCinema 6100 and I was wondering what projector, or set of projectors, should pursue to compliment it during Projection mapping shows?

My main goal, I want to build small scale models of my city and setup 2 projectors to cover mutliple angles of various building for demonstration of the possibilities, with the intent to sell these ideas to the city during festivals, etc.

As a side project I would also like to projection map my house for hollidays…

With that said, what do you guys think? I’ve got about $1000 to spend on a projector(s). Should I buy a nice $1000 one to pair up with the Epson I already have - or should I buy a pair of $500 projectors? Or would the $200-$300 cut it for what I want to do?

Past that, what brand? I’ve heard good things about the Optoma’s, but I’ve had nothing but positive with Epson…

We use the small Optomas - 750 lumen, LED light source. One short throw, one less so.

Great so far. 1920x1080 would be nice though - on a model you generally use few projectors, so angles can be tight and pixels smear.

Optoma’s are nice on smaller budget. Also BenQ has been good for our in-office test projectors. I believe we have a large handful of ones like the MW826ST - it’s bright and short throw and has decent contrast, which is what we usually want. Like bwheaton said, high res would be nice, but the resolution always drives up the price quite a bit, so i’d rather have it bright than high res.