Problem with Nvidia 1070

Hello,
I just bought a new ASUS G752VS(KBL)-BA345T with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.
ldlc-pro.com/fiche/PB00227962.html

Touch Designer is crashing when i open the perform window and other windows like Kantan Mapper at the same time. Even if the project is very simple.

Do you think i have an issue with my configuration? Is it a hardware problem?
My drivers are up to date and the frame rate remain at 60fps. It just crash when the perform windows opens.

Thanks!
Baptiste

I’d guess it’s drivers and settings (fingers crossed).

In your NVIDIA Control Panel check to make sure that under manage 3D settings that Touch is using the GPU and not the integrated card.

Also worth asking which version of touch, and which build you’re seeing this with.

I see this problem with the O88 and the 099 (the two last builds)

Well, at least it’s consistent.

What’s your driver version?

I seem to remember having a similar problem with a similarly recent model laptop; opening a second window would crash touch. I think it turned out to be a problem with one of the pre-installed softwares that came with the machine, perhaps a video capture tool? Try uninstalling any pre-loaded software that looks suspicious or remotely related to video, and ensure that your nvidia driver is up to date.

(To be clear, the model we had trouble with was also an Asus, but with a 1080 rather than a 1070. Anyway, I would be highly suspicious of the Asus bloatware :slight_smile:)