Presentation clicker

Anyone have experience with getting a presentation clicker (like the Logitech R400 or what have you) into TouchDesigner?

Looking through Logitech’s support forums and it doesn’t look like their products talk to anything but PowerPoint … I need something where I can see at least a few of the buttons coming off a cordless remote in Touch, and I really don’t want to do it on a smartphone with TouchOSC.

Yes I have.
I can 't remember what brand model it was, but it was quite a professional one, so it had a proper receiver for the clicker which had a usb output and basically it sent just keyboard arrow keys. I used a Keyboard DAT to capture them and control the TD presentation.

Thanks Idz - that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Now, if you could just remember the model … :wink:

I searched my email, and lo and behold there was a mail from the client buried deep in which they mention the model.

it is the dsan.com/cuelights/cuelights.asp

as you can see on the features page, by default it outputs keyboard arrow keys, but you can change which keys it outputs; dsan.com/CueLights/CueFeatures.asp

it costs about $895 though - about 20 times more expensive than that logitech r400… :unamused:

there also the perfectcue mini system which is $695 dsan.com/sc/shop/item.asp?itemid=25

Ah yes the DSAN … I did not think of that guy – maybe I can rent domestically and drag it along for my show.

Thanks, Idz!

I used an interspace mastercue and reprogrammed the clicks to be a keyboard press… then used the keyboard CHOP to trigger recordings in Touch…

Nick

Good lead! Thanks!