Midi In CHOP with Pioneer DJM900NXS and DJM900NXS2

I would like to import midi data from DJ’s using Pioneers DJM900NXS mixers.

Has anybody tried this? and able to point me in the right direction in configuring the MidiIn CHOP.
The DJM900NXS Mk1 does has a 5pin midi out and i have downloaded the midi chart from Pioneer so i should be able to see the midi output data stream from this mixer.

The problem i have is i personal have a DJM900NXS mk2 which does not have a 5pin midi out, as it looks like is now midi over usb and primarily designed to incorporate computer based mix software i.e. Serato & traktor.

I would be much appreciated if somebody in the TD family can point me in the right direction with some online source knowledge in achieving this integration.

Many Thanks Phil

first - I don’t have a DJM900NXS mk2 here, but you can try the following:

I guess you have already enabled the Midi on/off switch on the DJM900NXS-II and installed the pioneer drivers on your TD computer.

Then , when you have connected it, and then started TD,
(while making sure no other midi software is connected to the pioneer), follow this manual how to work with Midi in CHOPs

Thanks for replying nettoyeur!

I did initially look at the help page but I can not dial in the device path, the MidiIn CHOP’s default is /local/midi/device but i’m on a mac and i’m am unable to find the root directory path to the djm900. I do however have the audio feed over usb coming in to AudioDeviceIn CHOP so i know the drivers are working ok.

Do you have any knowledge of mac directories? or Mac Midi Servers?

Cheers Phil