Audio latency problem on Mac using Saffire Focusrite Pro 40

Hi guys,

I’ve just done a small test involving an AudioIn CHOP which gets an input from a Focusrite Pro 40 sound card. I managed to set it up, but there is a considerable amount of latency. I cannot find out where I can adjust the latency. I am running everything on mac.

Apologies if this is a noobie question :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.
t

The Buffer Length parameter does introduce latency as it is the length in seconds of the audio buffer. The default of 0.1 seconds is 100ms in latency. You can reduce this a bit, but reducing this too much will cause bad audio artifacts if you system drops frames. The ASIO driver should let you lower it further before it sounds bad.

Sometimes we separate out the audio process into a separate .toe file process so the audio isn’t affected by frame drops that might occur in your main logic/heavy lifting project.

Ok done and as you said, when reducing the buffer size it causes bad sound artifacts.

If I want to drive the visuals by an input I have on my sound card, can I still use separate files? And is it possible to run two .toe files at the same time?