Current state of streaming youtube into TD?

Note: Could a mod move this to the General Forum? Missed the note about no questions in Techniques. Thanks

Howdy y’all,

I’ve been playing around with building a generative automated music video masherator dealy. You take a track, id some key moments and TD does the rest. Mixing a bunch of source content to bpm, audio, and your cues. It’s fun times.

I was ruminating on how I could get streaming youtube videos directly into TD. A cursory forum search turns up a homespun effort at a Youtube TOP, it’s from 2015 however and 32bit only. [url]Youtube streaming CPlusPlusTOP - #5 by Dage]

I’ve seen some chatter about the new Web Render TOP, but don’t have 099 to try that out either.

Anyone done this before or have thoughts about how I might make this happen?

Cheers

I believe you can use 099 non-commercial now, so you can try it out. It might be the best bet.

A reserach office out of UCLA made the youtube TOP:

github.com/remap/YoutubeTOP

That’s a fine way to go though it does take a little set up.

099 is now free to download and try with a non-commercial key, so you could dig in there with a free license to see if it’ll do the trick for you.

You might want to take a look over at the wiki page from UCLA - my guess is that this might be closer to the solution you’re looking for:

github.com/remap/youtubetop/wiki