tdu calibrateCamera

Does any further documentation exist on tdu.calibrateCamera?

I think I am having considerable trouble with my new wide angle, short-throw projector calibrated with camSchnappr.

I have an Optoma gt1080 and camSchnappr is just not cutting it.

In forums and within camSchnappr this line exist:

# set fixK1 or fixK2 or fixK3 to True for wide angle

On the tdu module documentation, calibrateCamera is at the very bottom and reads:

Could this documentaiton be updated to represent some of the things it can do?

r = tdu.calibrateCamera((geoPoints,imgPoints),width=pWidth, height=pHeight, fov=80, useIntrinsicGuess=True, fixAspectRatio=True, zeroTangentDist=True, fixPrincipalPoint=False, fixK3=True)

I decided to try putting "fixK[1-3]=True as another argument and it doesn’t fail but doesn’t work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things to change or do differently in order to get my wide angle lens to work with camSchnappr?

Thanks

Hey,

are you on 099 or 088? We’ll have an update soon for camSchnappr which then will use the native openCV function for calibrateCamera.

The tdu.calibrateCamera implements some of the features of the openCV calibrate Camera. So I would point to the documentation there as we have not experimented with short throws.
docs.opencv.org/master/d9/d0c/gr … lib3d.html

Cheers
Markus

Hey this is great.
I can see the new version now is really dope.

Do you have any further documentation on the new parameters exposed on the camschnappr “advanced” page?

These are the same questions I had earlier, Now that they are exposed as toggles do we have an explanation of what they are used for? Or maybe you can point me at an opencv documentation that talks about this technique and these variables?