Oculus Touch Controllers CHOP

Hey there,

I’m working on an Oculus Touch Controllers CHOP. The CPlusPlus CHOP is really easy to use so its been trivial to get input from the controllers correctly and output it in channels. The issue now is that there can only be one Oculus session running at once. If Touchdesigner already has an Oculus TOP running, my CHOP won’t initialize, and if my CHOP is initialized then Touchdesigner can’t initialize its TOP.

Is there a way to either a. grab the session pointer from Touchdesigner or b. get right + left eye textures from TOP parameters on the CPlusPlus CHOP so I can render it out in there?

Cheers,
Ulysses

099 has support for the controllers if you can work in there. If not, you’ll likely need to make a C++ TOP where you feed the textures into that to be outputted.

Thanks for the pointer - I was using an older version of 099 that didn’t have it yet.

You guys are killing it with the updates, thank you.

There’s a new-new update posted now… :wink:

Has this been continued? I really would like to be able to add the oculus touch controls to touchdesigner. I’m relativly new to VR but it is a blast how easy it is to make stuff for it with touchdesigner.

They should be available in the 099 builds that are available.

Hi all,

I am using that subject to post a new question that might be related.
The Oculus controllers are only sending input to TD, I am not finding a way to push back to the haptic feedback motors in them, same for the Vive controllers… Does anyone have a clue? All the best! P