Controlling location of unique meshes using GLSL shader

I am just wondering if you can control the location of individual meshes inside a Geometry container using a GLSL shader. I am not looking at instancing because each mesh is a unique shape but that approach/look is basically what I am after. Like a pushpin effect, but with unique individual elements.

I can manipulate individual vertices, particles or the entire model, but am having no luck in addressing individual meshes as a whole.

I am stumped. maybe I am looking at this entirely the wrong way…

You need to make a custom attribute, using Vertex/Point/Primitive SOP that you can read in the GLSL shader that tells you which mesh that vertex belongs to. Then you can modify it appropriately for that particular mesh.

Got you. Thanks. I will give it a go…

This isn’t necessarily the right way to do it, organization-wise, but it shows some techniques.
AnimationFromTextureLookup.1.toe (7.52 KB)

Thanks.

Ended up doing something very similar, except I am using a TOP to drive the motion.

I was on completely the wrong track originally. I was trying to force 1 unique value to every vertices of each mesh. Way to make things more complicated…

Ok, Here is another issue. See below. As soon as I turn on shadows on the main light, the moving mesh elements (driven by the shader) do not receive light. When I make transformations manually, shadows work normally.

I am assuming it is something to do with moving the meshes via GLSL as apposed to a transform SOP.

Anyone know where i could look for solutions??
glslDriveNonInstancedGeometry.toe (10.2 KB)

Sorted. I was adjusting the TDWorldToProj instead of the TDCamToProj