099 License question

Hi I have a question about the licensing,

I bought an 088 commercial license last year, it has since expired in Sept. I am thinking of purchasing an one year update. If I do, does that I mean I get 099 commercial license as well?

Thank you.

Hey Mouren,

Yes, our licenses are now purely based on date of purchase and not on version, so any license will work for any ‘version’ (088 or 099) of TouchDesigner, as long they have been purchased or updated within a year of the release date of the particular build you are trying to use.

More information available here:
derivative.ca/wiki099/index … le=Updates

Pretty smart to get paid for a license each year but not very fair and friendly for independent artists…I just found that I can’t update to 099 due to expired license…saaaad

+1 for independant artist, I guess we just say byebye forever to updates. still shit loads we can do

Check the “Update Date” of your license in your profile and then go to the Archived downloads page and get the latest 099 you can use. I checked your account and you can use 099 from this summer.

Another point about updates is you can update at any time and the 1 Year of Updates starts from the day you purchase it. You don’t need to ‘keep it active’ since your key never expires. So you can wait until the time is right or the right project comes along to get an update for it.

I actually think this is pretty cool. If there’s a dry spell I can wait to update a license, but still keep working (unlike other subscription models like Adobe’s). It also means that if I have a key that’s used for an installation I know it’ll keep working with the used version. When that finishes and other gig comes up I can update the license and get a year of updates for the next installation - or wait until closer to deployment.