099 Experimental Beta Available

Hello TouchDesigners!

We have something for you to play with this weekend! Its Thanksgiving here in Canada so we want to thank all our customers by letting you get into the 099 Experimental Beta.

Its been a while since we’ve had an experimental build, so just a reminder what that means. It does have some bugs, you will find issues, and we might make non-compatible changes in an upcoming build as we go. We don’t recommend it for projects that are delivering soon or that require stable production ready builds. Please stay on 088 Official for those projects.

There are some new prices in the Store and a change to how updates work. There’s some good news if you bought TouchDesigner in the last year, you can start using 099 right away with your current licenses! Read all about updates here.

There is a new 099 Wiki for documentation.

Oh yeah, one more thing… TouchDesigner 099 is also on macOS!

Follow the link below to get to Downloads, What’s New and Release Notes.
099 Experimental Beta

:smiley:

:laughing: :laughing:

"At this time Non-Commercial licenses are not available. "
T_T

so, I’d like to understand better how the licensing work. If I have an 88 Pro license, what do I have to do to start using 99?

thanks,
dani

Essentially, instead of version upgrades, your license gets you 1 year of any builds. When your license expires, you can only use builds up to the expiry date, which is cross version. So if you bought your 088 license within the last year, you automatically have 099 as well, and you will have 099 updates until your 1 year period is over, then you will need to buy another 1 year of upgrades license to continue to receive new features, or if you don’t need any, then you don’t need to buy another license.

Great news.
With 099, would Windows version still excell Mac version, in terms of performance?

Good afternoon.
i have issues to switch to 099 via my TD Commercial DONGLE Key license, bought in august this year. Any ideas? any help is appreciate.

Philipp

Sent you an email Philipp

@abirdwhale
On my Macbook Pro it is very close, maybe OSX is a 1-3 FPS slower right now. There are still more features in the Windows version (like Oculus and Kinect etc) and there is a Known Issues list for macOS. Still working out a few things but it is quite capable.

If you go into your Member Profile by signing into derivative.ca and look at your 'Keys" tab, you can see an update date which lets you get new 099 builds released up to this date.

If the date is the past, you need to purchase an update, if not you can update to 099 now.

Read the updates page for more details.

OMFG! ’ OSX’

I hope you guys double your tech support staff’ :wink:
( i kid, i kid … but you are kind of doubling your user base so… )

Fantastic news. The «Oh yeah, one more thing…» allusion to the iconic presentation of Steve Jobs is so appropriate in the context of this announcement.

mac os and pbr. WOW! :open_mouth: congratulations!

i’m sure this is elf explanatory, but is [or will] there be a way during beta testing to use a licence code on windows and OS X on the same machine [bootcamp], without having to deactivate before switching partitions… just would be nice for testing, but I understand if that’s just the way it is…

Very cool, congrats. I just poked around on my 2014 Air, looking good so far. Can I put in a feature request for osx multitouch-in support like with the Multitouch DAT for Windows?

also, where do you want bug reports filed?

They can go in the regular Bugs forum. Thanks!

woohoo!

Anyway for a complete novice to trial the Mac version ?

Not yet, but we’ll be releasing a free non-commercial license for it soon.