099 Experimental Beta Available

Not yet, but we’ll be releasing a free non-commercial license for it soon.

Fantastic - thanks very much :slight_smile:

hi derivative team
thank you very much for this new version!
cant wait to try out, espcially the pbr-pipeline takes me wonder!
but i have a little problem, i have two comercial licenses of touch, both older than 1 year, so how have i to update my license (at least 1 for the moment) to get hands on 099?!
do i have to buy an update for $300? and if yes how can i choose which license i want to update?
best
luca

yes in that case you’ll have to buy one update of 300eu to use that renewed license for your 099 version.

Read here about updates, and the steps on how to apply them to your chosen license:
derivative.ca/wiki099/index. … le=Updates

Basically you buy an update first, then you have it available in your account and can apply it to one of your licenses.

aahhhhaaa
read, pay , install…the new pbr shader etc is awesome! time to test that thing!
this piece of software is so fluid to work with, just excellent!
thank you for all this!
luca

I am also wondering if it is possible to use keep the same license active on my production (windows) machine while I explore the mac beta.

Unfortunately that is not possible, a license can only be active on one machine at a time.

Once Non-Commercial is available, you’ll be able to explore macOS while your other license is on your Windows machine or vice-versa. If you plan on jumping between computers regularly, or are using both for Commercial work, getting a USB Dongle might be more convenient.

A newbie on this software, but I was attracted to it by a book that combines
Max/Msp (which I use regularly) and TouchDesigner. This is for education purposes only. I downloaded the Mac version 099 but as someone has noted there is “no non-commercial key
available”. Is there an experimental version (088 perhaps) where a non-commercial key is available for the Mac?

Hi Metaphorz,

welcome to the forum. 099 is the only version made for mac. But you can install Bootcamp&Windows on your mac, which will enable you to run the free 088 version.

Is there a timeline yet for the 099 non-commercial license release?

No date has been set, we are working as fast as possible to get 099 ready for Non-Commercial. Stay tuned to the forum here or our Facebook page for an announcement.

hey, so I guess one cannot upgrade from 88 to 99 yet - not until 99 is released I supposed because I didn’t find any tokens for that in the store.

I downloaded the beta, but it wants to generate a key… I’m afraid of going through the process because I don’t want it to screw with my 88 key.

Can you explain what 88 users should do to test the beta?
Thanks!

Yes you can currently upgrade your license for use with 099, it’s in the store just keep scrolling down. 099 keys work with the last few builds of 088 as well, so you can use both versions with one key if you update to the recent 088.

You can read more about 099 updates and how to apply them here:
derivative.ca/wiki099/index. … le=Updates

Just wanna say that this release couldn’t come any sooner. I had an art exhibition on the 8th February and I can’t use my PC, but I have my MacBook and this news came out. So I quickly use that combination. And I’m happy to report that it runs well during the 14 day exhibitions.

Thanks a lot for this, Derivative :slight_smile:

Hey Great Release,

I am having trouble migrating my commercial touchplayer license to 099. Any idea how I can do this?

I also notice some problems with the screen grab top, it works sometimes and some windows and applications make it go completely black in those areas.

Does anyone know any tricks to increase spout framerates in Touch?

Thanks!

Hi Zac,

I can comment on the Player License here:

When starting TouchPlayer099 please go into the Key Manager and disable the 088 PlayerCom Key first before recreating it.

As Spout and Screengrab could be lengthy discussions, can we move those into 2 separate topics :wink: ?

Best
Markus

Hey Markus,

For some reason, a constant chop I had in the project as a remnant of a piece we moved away from was the cause for the slow framerate in spout. After deleting it we seem to be getting great framerate.

As for screengrab, it seems a little unstable however many of the initial issues I was having seem to have cleared themselves up.

I’ll post a new topic if I can find a solid issue that I can nail down. My apologies.

Thanks,

Zac

has anyone’s installation failed during Windows features configuration stage?

gives no specific error code.

Hey,

can you see if any of this helps: derivative.ca/wiki099/index … stallation

If not please send us a log file to support@derivative.ca mentioning your system configuration.

Cheers
Markus