TouchPlayer Commercial and TouchPlayer Pro

TouchPlayer Commercial and Pro licenses are now available! These licenses will enable the same features as TouchDesigner Commercial and Pro and allow TouchPlayer to be used for commercial-paying projects. TouchPlayer does not include an editor, it is designed to run in Perform Mode once you have completed authoring your files. For those projects that are running TouchDesigner on many systems, TouchPlayer is the answer!

Learn more about TouchPlayer​

This is terrific news, thank you!!

That’s very great news!

A thought occurred to me recently, what happens if we build a touch file that sources external python libraries that are not part of the normal TD install?

I imagine there’s no way around having the client or end user install python in another directory…

However the next step, ordinarily, would be to specify that new python path in the preferences in TD, so that any additional python libraries can be used from that directory.

Is there still a way to do this? Or is it feasible to include these external python libraries somehow in the TOE file?

Lucas

You can trigger the opening of dialogs using the UI Class
derivative.ca/wiki088/index. … e=UI_Class
So you could create a shortcut or button to launch the preferences and add a new python path.

By Default the keyboard shortcuts are disabled as TouchPlayer is running in Perform mode and you wouldn’t want accidental launching of dialogs or windows.

Got ya, good to know! Is there a way to fill out/update that field with out exposing ask the other preferences to a user?

It would be neat if a separate field was made that they could fill out in a GUI somewhere that would update just that one parameter. Is that possible?

We don’t have any python commands for updating a path yet, but you can grab and set the values via tscript.

preference general.pythonpackages64 preference general.pythonpackages32

will give you the preference followed by the current value

preference -s "path" general.pythonpackages64 preference -s "path" general.pythonpackages32

will set the paths for 64 and 32 bit respectively.

Perfect! thank you Selina

Its perfect News!
Thanks for sharing!

We have decided to drop the 10-license minimum purchase to get into TouchPlayer. You may now purchase single TouchPlayer Commercial or TouchPlayer Pro licenses directly from the store.

I developed a project together with a friend. He will be the end user of the touch project, and I programmed it in pro. It uses the shared memory interface. The player seems the perfect solution, however id like to doublecheck. Do we need to buy a another (commercial or pro player) licence for my friend to independently run the toe on his machine and test it?

Great news Ben!

dajoegl - see my answer on your question on facebook helpgroup where you also posted this.

Would you mind posting that answer here for those of us not on facebook? Thanks!

of course, here it is: