TOP upsampling?

Hello!
If I add a component Time, and change the rate to, say, 120 Hz, do I also get a framerate of 120 for all the TOPs inside?
It seemed so when I read the wiki, but when I tried it, it doesn’t seem to work. Also a framerate information when middle mouse clicking on a top would be useful to be sure, btw.
Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a different way of upsampling TOPs?
Should the described way work?

Thanks a lot!

You’ll need to make your root time 120fps also to get the TOPs to cook at 120 FPS. The cooking of TOPs is tied to the display of their content to the screen, so you’ll need to be drawing your window at 120fps to get the TOPs to cook at 120fps. Be sure to have Vsync off if your monitor runs at less than 120Hz, since that will throttle your redraws to the monitors refresh rate otherwise.

Thanks Malcom! So, do I understand you correctly that upsampling only some TOPs is not possible?
Isn’t that a bit of a pitty?

The only use case where I think it would be useful is for very specific Feedback TOP situations, no?
Can you give other cases where it is useful?

:slight_smile:
Yes for feedback it would be really useful, that doesn’t seem so special. If I see it correctly take the following case:
Circle moving around in the frame.
feedback stuff happening.
We expect to see a line, but instead, if we move the circle too quickly, we just get lots of dots.
I think if we could up sample the feedback process and down sample again afterwards we could get rid of the dots because we increased the time resolution just for this process.
I don’t know, coming from audio, this is the most common ting on earth, but I can imagine that it’s not so simple to implement afterwards. And yes I can’t think of many other cases where this would be useful(but I consider this case important, feedback is everything!)
But think about the other way:
Downsampling portions of a project to save resources! Some things need to move but certainly not at 60 FPS. Also very common in realtime audio.
Greetings!

(downsampling kind of is possible right now i came to think)

Same question here :
How can i analyse a 120 FPS video stream ?
Input is IR video and TOP Blob Tracking.
Thx