bug tracking anyone?

Hi,

it seems a lot of bugs are posted to the forum, and the poor folks at derivative don’t have enough time to get through them fast enough, understandably.

From my end, it’s difficult to track the bugs I’ve reported too: unless the Subject says that it has been fixed, the replies to it may not be from derivative’s staff, or may offer explanations or solutions - therefore it would never get “fixed” and I have to re-read the threads to see if I should ignore that in the future etc.

Can we think of a way to close issues (even from the user’s point of view, I should be able to close my own bug postings), and only list my open ones?

I - and I assume Derivative - need a way to find out the status of the bug reports, and posting status in the thread doesn’t help.

is there a bugzilla somewhere, or can Derivative think of other ways?

I’ve always dreamt of seeing my bugs in a database that’s queued, so I know how close my bug is to the top of the list, I know if it has been looked at, closed, or else. I’ve suggested this to SESI for about 15 years…, now I’ll start suggesting it to Derivative.

Personalized customer support is what makes Derivative and SESI stand out. It’s awesome. But sometimes issues fall behind, a lot of times actually, it’s normal, and facing that reality is the number one step towards taking successful corrective steps. To let the customers know where their issues stand in the queue (no need to put an ETA, that would not work anyway) would be a brilliant way to let your customers stop worrying about their pending issues, whether or not they’ve fallen through the cracks, whether or not there was a solution suggested so you’re supposed to forget about it, etc. - it’s a lot of work to keep track of all the bug reports for me.

Anyone else agrees or has suggestions?
d

We do have an internal bug tracking system, so no bugs that are submitted to the forum are getting lost. However, we do not approach bugs in a FIFO manner like your queue idea suggests.

You could make a spreadsheet in excel for each bug you submit to the forum and include a link to that topic, so you could go through your list of bugs 1-by-1 without trolling the forum, just a thought. For now, we are deferring your bug organization to you. :laughing: