Create collisions with kinect body

Hi, I want to create collisions between a body from kinect and a particles system made from obj models. I already have the particle system and a patch where particles can collide with my body. But something is weird, Particles are going inside my 3D body and I don’t know why.

Right now I use Kinect TOP(player index) to a Thresold to a Trace SOP and then an Extrude SOP. I use the result of that in my collision imput of my particle sytem.

Is it a better way of doing this or what parameters can I tweak to achived a perfect 3d body with no holes for the particles.

Thank you Louis-Philippe

since you are dealing with a 3d object (the extrusion) and a 3d particle system, it could be possible that the particles are moving in front of or behind the collision object. another possibility is that because of the camera perspective or angle, particles appear to be behind or in front of the extrusion.
make sure you limit the particles movement to a thin box that intersects the extrusion.

the best solution would be a 2d particle system done in shaders, but i haven’t seen any examples of that in td.