Custom params that ouput on mouseup

I’d like my custom parameters to only output to script only when I mouseup. What’s the approach to do this?

The Panel Execute DAT and/or Panel CHOP generally should be your goto for mouse event handling. You would just have to check the “Off to On” option in this case.

If you are talking about mouse down on parameter sliders…

Parameter interaction doesn’t actually use the panel execute DAT. The parameter execute DAT can be run on value change, but if you want to execute a script only when you release a parameter slider, I don’t think there’s currently a way.

If you are talking about mouse down on a panel UI element, JacobM’s method will work.

You could specify mouse-up as the condition under which the value change script is run.

Not at my computer, so some names/syntax might be wrong but something like:

OnValueChange( par , val ):
if me.parent().panel.select == 0:
#do thing

No, I’m sorry, that won’t work, because when you release the mouse you’re no longer changing the value. Also, the panel class has nothing to do with the parameters dialogue, d’oh.

But there is a way that I’ve attached. You can use a mousein CHOP to track whether or not the mouse is depressed, the parameter execute DAT switches a constant CHOP value to 1.0 on value change. Those are then multiplied in a math CHOP which goes into a logic CHOP (possibly not necessary). When you are moving the slider, both the constant and mouse will be 1, but as soon as you let go, then you get a 0 value, which triggers a CHOP execute to do something with the parameter you were just changing, and resets the constant CHOP to 0.

Not quite as elegant as if there were a built in method, but it gets the job done.
ParOnMouseUp.2.toe (3.97 KB)

Wow, nice!

Thks , finally got around to trying this and (partially) understanding it. I’m dealing with a whole page of custom params though, some are pulses, the rest outputting JSON out UDP . I tried for a while but got lost in the weeds :wink:
Seems kind of like maybe this mouseup builtin is a reasonable feature to request ?