extracting instances movements info from a cinema 4d fbx

Hi all
Ok so I asked question on facebook club the other day and it seems no one had a clue of what I was talking about. This could be key to more complex instances moves if it worked.

Lets say you have a cube and you use cinema 4d cloner to export an FBX with animation.
so far so good.
Now import it in touch designer. It appears in TD and loads of folders containing same cube with a chop info to animate them (CHOP controls position by moving all these independant geos). But this is not your usual sort of instance.

My question ; is there an easy way to convert that info in a fast way to usual CHOP that controls instances?

does this make sense? thx

Do you have an FBX file you could attach? You could try sequencing all the animation channels by tx, ty, tz, etc. and then pass that CHOP to the instanceop.

Here is the file, I was hoping you guys might have a Table DAT trick.
I do have difficulties applying all usual stuff when FBX appears in that way: folders in folder type, converting into a ready to use instanced Geometry is what I’m trying to do.
export.fbx (266 KB)

If I’m understanding the problem correctly, you can sequence the animations channels by type using the Select + Shuffle CHOPs, then merge together and pass as the instance operator (see attached tox).
export.tox (2.4 KB)

Great thx for help, hopefully we will manage incredible intances moves with this.
I’m no master of finding chops solution I’m afraid. Maybe after few years it will become evident.

I managed few things with this technic, so in cinema 4d you can use several cloners with some rotations, but soon as u use a bit more complex stuff the FBX turns out to be a failure.
What we really need is to be able to export FBX in Houdini I guess, from demo version, plus it would probably help convert new users to houdini, one stone 2 birds. Just a suggestion really.