HELP!!: cannot calculate the integral of a slope with 'oc'.

No matter how much I try, I cannot calculate the integral of an incoming slope with an Expression CHOP using ‘oc’.

Let’s say I’m fetching my moving cursor as the ‘u’ of a Panel CHOP, trail it to two samples and Expressionate it with ic(0,0,1)-ic(0,0,0) to get the differential or slope, right?
WHAT’S NEXT!? trial 'n error is not hip anymore? this future is proving complicated.
:angry:

Thanks!
thnxs
tnx
x
:

Why not use the Speed CHOP?

but Speed CHOP keeps eternally cooking, even when there’s no change/cook from the input, and even with minimal rt cooks on and -c smart.

I could turn on/off it’s cooking with the upcoming ‘on value change’ in Logic CHOP. I think this might add some lag also.

I could use Feedback CHOP also, but it will also cook forever. The ‘oc’ expression seems to be the way to go to calculate the integral only when there’s a change from the input, passively. Shouldn’t this be right?
I just cannot do it, don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

[size=85] H E L P ! ![/size]

Reading Speed CHOP’s help doc, I’ve noticed that "3. Parameters - Interval Page’ is so far absent in the CHOP (build 728).
Those options would apparently integrate passively, without the need for ‘timeslice on’.
Is this correct? coming soon?

thnx

No, sorry, that is old 017 left overs. Even in 017 that help doc has parameters that aren’t there. We’ll clean up the docs. You can RFE your request for the Speed CHOP.

thanks ben, for breaking me free from my anxious monologue loop. I’ve posted the ‘back to 017’s Speed’ RFE.

I’m beginning to think that ‘oc’ will not let me calculate the pos out of a slope, right?

anyway, hopefully the upcoming variables concept will get me there and end my draining :smiling_imp: obsession.