Sharing player ID between multiple PC's/Kinects

Hi

I am currently working on a concept where I need to track a user with a kinect V2 in a large space, this space is not covered by the range of the Kinect. The visuals in the install are linked to the user ie. the visuals for player ID 1 will be different from the visuals for Player ID 2 and so on. I have multiple Kinect/PC/TD setups available to me for this install, is there a way to share the Player ID between multiple setups over a network connection so when the player switches from being tracked by PC/Kinect 1 to being tracked by PC/Kinect 2 the player ID is not changed.

Thanks

Have you tried the Touch Out DAT with the Touch In DAT? It transmits the entire DAT table as a unit to its destination.

Thanks for the response Greg. I have tried that, the problem I’m having is getting the Player ID1 on PC/Kinect 1 to be inherited by Player ID1 on PC/Kinect 2 - so the ID that Kinect 1 assigns to person 1 is the same when kinect 2 picks person 1 up.

The concept for the piece is that when someone walks into the install the videos they see will be from a different side of an argument, the projection mapped videos are triggered by their position in the space, the space is larger than can be covered by one Kinect, so it is essential that the videos output by PC1 for player 1 are from the same side of the argument as the videos output by PC2.

I think you’ll have to make a best-guess by comparing the positions of the players and deciding that ID1 on one machine is ID3 on another machine due to them being close together. You’ll need to measure the distance between the two cameras so you can compare them in the same space.

Thanks Malcolm, I will give that a go.