correct way of triggering cues from LTC

hello Touchdesigners,

I am investigating possible ways of triggering a large number of cues from LTC (linear time code), and I am considering using TD.

I have attached what I am up to. Am I on the right track? any suggestion?
Has anybody had any previous experience working with LTC for a show?

Many thanks

PS: I have also tried to attached the 10sec ltd.wav file that I am using for my testing but that file extension is not allowed in this forum.
test trigger cue from LTC.toe (7.17 KB)

Used it before, it’s rocksteady.

You can either use a script like you do or use multiple Logic CHOPs (set to: Off when outside bounds, and connect them to a CHOP Execute DAT to start a cue).
Sometimes easier to work in seconds in cuelists instead of frames, but that’s up to you.

I would not check if the frame is exactly equal to the desired cueframe, as that could be a risk as your machine can maybe drop a frame here and there to keep up to speed when TD is running in realtime mode. Safer to check if frame is higher than… and then put in a double check to see if that cue was already started, if not then start cue, if it has started already skip it.

Thank you very much for your help!

I never used the Logic CHOP before, good to know!
I have followed your advice, and this evening got inspired and rebuild my test network using the Logic CHOP.

Now my cues are triggered from several Logic CHOPs, each one taking a “go” from a cue sheet Table DAT.
I have attached the revisited network v2.
For this test I have used a 60 secs LTC starting from 58:00:00.

For the time being I gave the Logic CHOP a 5 frames tolerance (Off when outside bounds, with bounds set between 58:10:00 and 58:10:05 for example).

Will investigate next how to check if the frame is higher than… as you suggested. I like that option too, and it seems safer, but I guess that would be done with a script, or is there a CHOP for that?

Thanks again for your help.

PS: I have also realised that titling the thread “correct way” was definitely misleading, as there are several “correct” ways of doing something like this, depending on the circumstances and designer/programmer skills.
test trigger cue from LTC v2.toe (11 KB)