Remap/Displace TOP warping question

Hi
I’m trying to warp a 2D image horizontally for projection onto a concave curved screen, to correct linearity across the curve. I know the curve, which I have as SOP/CHOP/TOP data but I’m unsure how to use it with remap/displace. So essentially stretching inwards within the image from both sides using a known curve as the distribution of pixels.
Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

remapspherical.tif (3.11 MB)The remap takes in a 32 bit (ideally) second input which uses Red and Green pixels as U and V values.

So a standard remap that does nothing looks a bit like attachment #1.

You can then do whatever you like to that image and it will warp whatever you put as input 1 to the remap. So attachment #2 here is an example of me going into photoshop and using the “pinch” filter. When applied to the map we can make a spherical bulge out. The trick is to distort the remap to the curve you want to match it to. You can do this in SOPs too by using the shader inside the stoner.

For the SOP stuff see my blog:
visualesque.org/2016/10/25/remapping/

Attachments are being a 'mare because they’re tifs. See the following:

attachment 1:
download/file.php?mode=view&id=8100

attachment 2:
download/file.php?mode=view&id=8099
remap.tiff (1.56 MB)

Thanks mate. I get what it does and roughly how it works, but I’m stumped in the technique for this particular purpose. I’m looking to have the ramp/uv map generated from the geometry itself rather than having to manually affect the map image. So imagine an open circle sop of 60 degrees, representing the curve of a screen. How do I apply that data to the map?

I would project orthographic UVs using the Texture SOP. Then extract its new UVs to generate the remapping TOP to distort the original.

Thanks StateOfLux !