Window Opening Size unavailable and can't set custom size

Hi,

My project outputs to two screens simultaneously but also needs two preview windows to remain open over the desktop at all times for the operator. I’ve created two extra windows reusing the same content as the two main ones and they appear at the positions I’ve set in their respective Offset parameters. I cannot however get their sizes to respond to the given Width and Height values. I also noticed that the Opening Size parameter is greyed out. I assume it needs to be set to Custom but I can’t change it.

I’ve also tried changing this behavior through the Window Placement window without success.

I’d like to know under which conditions I am allowed/prevented from setting a window’s size and if and how I can force it to use the dimensions I desire?

Thanks!

Are your windows possibly referencing the output of a Base (rather than a Container)?

You were right! Switched from a Base to a Container and I got the expected results. Thanks!

I got one weird behavior following this change however where one of my Windows displayed a full white image or sometimes a small white A in the bottom left corner of the OUT TOP. Any ideas what this is? I ended up deleting and recreating the Container along with all its contents to get rid of this.

Again many thanks,

Yeah that base/comp thing happened to me recently too … drove me batty for a while.

As for the A - if you select a TOP and hit ‘A’ twice, you’re previewing the alpha channel only. You can see what you’re doing in that department by hitting A once (the Op controls on the left side of the Op will disappear), then right-clicking to show the display options menu.

Hope that helps!

Ahh! That explains it… I see one can also use the R, G and B keys to isolate other channels as well.

Thanks!