LTP channel fusion

Hi,

I’m trying with partial success to mix two channels from two different chops (one OSC and one MIDI) in order to modulate a single parameter in a TOP (the index of a switch TOP). I would like to achieve a Latest Takes Precedence (LTP) behavior so that I can control the same parameter from both OSC and MIDI simultaneously. Whichever OSC or MIDI was the last to send a value overrides whatever value was previously sent by the other.

So far I’ve used a combination of select and blend chops to achieve partial success by proportionally blending them together but this not a true LTP behavior.

Is there any other way than scripting this LTP behavior in Python?

Thanks!

As usual, found a workaround minutes after asking for help…

Changed the OSC and MIDI chops for dats instead and simply added these few lines in their respective message callbacks.

def onReceiveOSC(dat, rowIndex, message, bytes, timeStamp, address, args, peer): if address == "/MIX/DS": op('DS_MIXER').par.index = args[0] return
and

def onReceiveMIDI(dat, rowIndex, message, channel, index, value, input, bytes): if message == "Control Change" and index == 87: op('DS_MIXER').par.index = value