TD for installations

Hi all,

I am considering using TD for an installation piece that I will be working on during a residency. The institute wants to keep the piece, but they don’t have a TD licence. How does people handle running TD patches on multiple computers? Let’s say that I have multiple installation pieces running at the same time on different locations, how should I handle that? Is it possible to export applications? Is it possible to run finalized TD patches with high-res without a licence?

Thank you,

Hey ktatar, welcome to the forum.

Each machine needs to have the license installed matching the features it needs.
So if you need any Pro feature on a machine, that machine needs to have a Pro license installed.

If you have 3 machines on 3 locations which all need Commercial features, you need to buy 3 Commercial licenses.

See the list of features & licenses on the License page on the wiki.
As you can see, any machine running in high-res requires at least Educational or Commercial.

But if you have a machine which only runs in perform mode and you don’t need to to edit the network on that machine, you can use a TouchPlayer Commercial or Touchplayer Pro license which is cheaper - see here: derivative.ca/shop/shopdisp … s.asp?id=1

Also you can put your own full license on a Dongle so when you visit your installation you can quickly enable all features to edit your patch.

TouchDesigner has no option to export your patch to a stand-alone executable.