Resize objects - Kantan Mapper

Hi everyone,

I have opened the Kantan Mapper in Kantan Window and created a rectangle, but I cannot select any vertex to resize it. What is happening?

Thanks

What builds and OS are you using? Please make sure you are running the latest build as we fixed some bugs in Kantan over the past few months.

Touch Designer 099
Non-Commercial 64-Bit Build 2017.16620

I have recently installed Touch Designer on this computer. I have followed all the instructions on Youtube`s channel.

Dialogs > Palette Browser
Tools> Kantam Mapper > Open Kantam Window
Create Quad

I create a rectangle.
I come back to " Select Keys and Handles/ Key Transform" but despite the four vertexes appeared with blue circles, I cannot select and move them to resize it properly.

Thanks

hello,

Obvious question, but still : is your timeline running ?

HI,

Yes, I have tried when the timeline is running and when it is not running.

=(

After creating rectange you should be able to select points immediately, no need to “change modes”. Maybe you are changing into wrong mode?

I’m having the same problem. After I create a rectangle, I can’t manipulate it.

Also when I change colour/rotation/scale from the menu, the values change, but revert as soon as I click outside of the menu.

TouchDesigner Non-Commercial:
099, 2019.33840

Windows 10 Pro:

Intel UHD Graphics 620

It works as expected in TouchDesigner 099 2019.20140. I’ve submitted a bug report.

It doesn’t work again with latest version 2020

Hi @omar86,

I don’t seem to have this issue in 2020.20625 - is this the version you are using? Are you on a mac, a pc and what are your system specs and driver versions?

cheers
Markus

I’m on two windows 10pc, one is a Dell XPS 13 9370 and the other is a self made pc…
Last version of 2019 works perfectly on both

In last version still the same problem. Verified on a Windows 10 home dell xps 9370 with Intel 620.
Can someone check?

Hi @omar86,

did both of your PCs use intel620 graphic processors?

cheers
Markus

The dell xps has intel 620; the other has a AMD Radeon R9 200Series

I have the same issue, my computer also has a radeon graphics card. Is there a solution to this?

Thank you @omar86 and @laxita - currently looking to get access to a radon card to be able to replicate your issue.

Cheers
Markus

1 Like

Thanks for the report. Many picking issues will be fixed in builds 2020.25970 and later. Should be released next week hopefully.

@omar86 and @laxita and those with AMD cards, this problem in Kantan should be fixed in 2020.26630 which is available now.

Hello, same problem, I can’t transform any form, I have the most updated commercial version. My device is a MacBook M1 Pro, what do you recommend I do? greetings

Hi @byKuadras,

can you post a little screenshot or screenrecording? Trying to understand in what mode you are in and what might be causing the issue for you.

cheers
Markus