KantanMapper settings

Hi all -
New to TD, looking for a non-hardware specific solutions to d3/disguise + notch and loving touch so far.

I’ve got a pretty complicated setup using 4x kantan mappers outputting to 4x projectors and it’s working great.

But I need to change the mappings on cue as I go through the show and I would prefer to save each kantan mapper setup a discrete table of presets that can be called up on demand and assigned to each cue.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how on earth to access a DAT of all of the settings contained within that Kantan Mapper (may not be possible, my back up plan would be to do all the mappings in one window and then script which shapes are active at a given time, but that’s a lot less elegant imho than instancing the settings).

Any best practices or settings would be greatly appreciated!

To answer my own question for anyone who is interested, this proved relatively simple.

Rather than having separate instances of KantanMapper or changing out my shapes programmatically, I simply put all my different geometry into one KantanMapper per project and then save out the table /KantanMapper/project/tree (which contains type, layer, lock, and visible - everything I need to script turning things on and off!).

This present a possibility for things to get screwy that I’ll need to do some hardcoded solving of (in order to parse through all of my save cue states if I delete or add a shape) but provided that I work smart and don’t delete any shapes this is the perfect solve.

At some point when I finish this project I’ll make sure to post the whole TOE to the forums as it is shaping up to be a pretty robust system for syncing projection, dmx lighting, and audio all coming straight out of touch (with a bit of pixel packed spout input from openFrameworks which is doing some CV blob detection for me).

This sounds awesome! Please post the .toe when you get around to it.

I believe that the 2nd output from Kantan Mapper is a displacement image. You should be able to save this image (or a set of these images) and use the displace TOP.