Ableton to TD Midi in

Hi guys! I am sending Ableton midi to Touchdesigner through Mac IAC Driver.
TD shows me in MIDI IN as if it entered more data. And this does not happen all the time,
sometimes yes, sometimes not.
Any ideas!? I leave a sample video.
The first clip I release corresponds to ch1ctrl8. When I release the next clip with 3 envelopes … it corresponds to ch1ctrl5, 6 and 13 … but sends ¨fruit¨ :smiley: to ch1ctrl8.
For now I think this does not happen when I send Notes from a ableton Clip Midi, only with the envelopes.

Link video to Touchdesigner Help Grup:
[url]https://www.facebook.com/nicolasbandoneon/videos/10156263345687147/?query=chino[/url]

I also attach files with the simplified project, as an example.
Thanks!
Midi Ableton to TD.zip (18.1 KB)

Hey Nic
I tried this with your files and couldn’t reproduce the error. Ctrl 8 looks clean when I play the second clip. I don’t have a Mac though, so maybe that’s it.
I don’t know, sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Only thing I can suggest is to try the abletonMIDI Component in TDAbleton
Ivan

Thanks Ivan,
I’m going to test the files on PC. Maybe it’s a TD problem on Mac.
I tell you if I have news.
Regards!

I think its an Mac issue, I have the exact same composition idea :slight_smile: ableton to TD midi…
and in the midi mapping I can read the ports but there is nor respond from de device, always saying missing midi device…

is there any chance to find a download link for the TD Ableto devices
TDA MIDI.amxd and TDA Master.amxd are missing in the non commercial version of TD Mac

thx for the help!
Gruss

Yikes! Those devices shouldn’t be missing. Please let me know what version you’re using and where the missing device messages appear.

The latest install is always at the top of this post. You can find the devices in there. derivative.ca/Forum/viewtopi … =TDAbleton

Samples\TDAbleton\TouchDesigner

1 Like

hy ivan,

the problem is back again, Im running the TD version: 2019.20140 and there again the TDAbelton folder consist only of one .tox file,
do you have a clue were to find the missing files, to put in the ableton midi script folder?

best regards
felix

If you go to the /Applications and right click on TouchDesigner and do ‘Show Contents’. I think it should be under Resources/tfs/Samples/TDAbleton. Sorry not on a mac right now. I’m going to have a colleague verify later tonight.

Did you find the files, Felix?