Timeline or animation comp with absolute values?

I’d like to use a timeline - animation comp being the obvious - to set a bunch of values, but when I just want to ‘cut’ from a fixed value to another value on a specific frame, it’s very awkward - two keyframes exactly one frame apart and carefully tweaked in/out curves.

Anyone have a good workaround or alternative?

Bruce

I think what you want to do can be done by selecting the curve segment between 2 keys and setting it to constant() function.

[video]Animation Editor - setting constant values - YouTube

Oh. My. God. That would have saved me so much time.

google.com/amp/s/www.engadg … st-at-ces/

If anyone needs a Philips Hue programmer, let me know!

Oh, it may be worth saying that I tried constant and didn’t see a change - it’s news to me that you can select a line segment as opposed to key frames.

All in all, the animation editor is pretty sloppy to use. Part of that is that controlling time flow is not great in general, so you can’t just scrub to a spot in the timeline like every other system. (If there’s a way to do that it should absolutely be the default).

At some point I can write up what I learned when using TouchDesigber as a pretty pure Show Control system (playback and rendering was d3, and audio was QLab, mostly based on gear and programmer availability).

Bruce

oewah that segment selecting was new to me too - thanks for pointing that out ben - that would be good info to add to to the wiki here please derivative.ca/wiki099/index … ion_Editor