View Transform Top Pivot Location

Hi all.

I’m trying to setup a realtime 2d comp in TD. I want to be able to animate (position, rotation, scale) of multiple images on top of each other. Unfortunately, without being able to see where my pivot point is visibly it makes it very time consuming. Does anyone know how to do this?

For e.g… In Nuke or AE when every object in a comp shows the transform handle in the viewport with its pivot location. This makes it very easy to rotate and scale around different points in a canvas.

I’m really hoping to leverage TD’s realtime abilities, but without this feature the speed gains are nullified.

Thanks in advance!

The mottoKantan component by Markus at Derivative provides an interface somewhat like this. But it is primarily for projection mapping uses, so it isn’t exactly what you’re after I imagine, but could help.

An interface like this could be built to control a 2d compositing setup that utilizes something like the multiMix component ( in the palette ) or speedy shaker ( another multi layer 2d compositor component by user shandor). These are both really useful 2d compositing components that replace the need for a bunch of strung together composite ops but alas there is no pre-built GUI for them.

speedy shaker : [url]Speedy Shaker - multi-blending compositor **updated** - #6 by greenpattern - Shared .tox Components - TouchDesigner forum

mottoKantan : [url]KantanMapper v2 - an approach to simple mapping - Shared .tox Components - TouchDesigner forum

multiMix : can be found in the palette I believe

Thank you for the info. That is very helpful.