Windows 7

Hi guys ,In the past I ran an installation on a windows 10 PC unit and recently was asked to run it again, since I have designed for the room. Only problem is they say they have ran their PC back to Windows 7 . None of the graphic cards have changed(I think). Since they don’t really know anything about this and I am remote and cannot open the project until I am site. Any advice on problems that i may encounter running with an older windows system or will it even encounter problems?
thanks for any advice,
Jeremy

I would say it will probably run fine (many people still run all their TD installations strictly only in win7, because it is better to manage & all drivers are more mature), but it also depends on your project. For instance Kinect2 only works on Windows10.

yes , i do use the kinect 2 (two of them actually )but i patch those in with another computer and or laptop with windows8/10 and the send the information over the network so i figured that would not be a problem. Er, I hope not ?

If you don’t use any kinect CHOP/TOP operators, that part will be fine.

nope just a touch in from the other interface . Thanks nettoyeur

I try to always use Win7 if I can. Have done installs with Win10 and everything is just harder to manage and I don’t find any benefit to win10 unless you need a kinect 2.

hi everyone!

i have freshly installed windows 7 ultimate besides my mac sierra os.
however i’ve had issues to do security updates, because microsoft has aborted support for win7 last year, how many of you will definetly already know.
i am trying to patch it via “zeffy’s wufuc patch”, but would like to know, if there will be any further issues because of the lack of updates for kaby lake processors .

i have an i7 7700k on an asus z270g along with an evga gtx 1080 ti2.

i have already had issues in td with the clock-measurments and could not fix them yet…is this because of the missing secirity-updates for kaby lake?

i really don’t want to update to win10…i originally come from linux and going the apple-way was already a pain in the ass…