PROBLEM RECORDING Video + Tdableton package

Hi we are trying to record our composition made in Touch designer and trigged by Ableton via tdAbletonPackage.

All parameters FPS and Tempo are well set with the timeline and Ableton live.

WE are using the Exportmovie Dialog (+ timesliced audio in chop with the soundcoming from ableton) and when we export the video out both the audio and video doubles or triples in speed (at varying speeds depending on framerate) but not at its original speed.

We tried to change all parameter. But nothing seems to change in the export still plays much faster than intended.

My only guess is that this could have something to do with the time line, or something to do with the rendered framerate being higher than its realtime speed…

Any kind of ideas or information would be great,

Thank you

What’s your build?

What’s your codec?

Inspecting the resulting file, what’s the frame rate?

Had a similar issue some time ago:
derivative.ca/Forum/viewtopic.ph … iefile+out

When I run into oddities like this I usually try to strip out as many elements as possible to try and isolate the problem.

Our version is : NON COMMERCIAL 64BIT 13460 - 099

On MACOS SIERRA - VERSION 10.12.1

I have not tried too much with different codecs and have been switching from photo Jpeg to Animation, I will experiment with some others now. The resulting file is the right frame rate (30) although the timing of the video isnt…

Thank you for your answer!

hmmmmm…

You might also try changing the frame rate of your project to match your recording rate:
Capture.PNG

If you click on the number 60 you can change that to 30 so it matches your export rate. Have you tried doing that yet?

yes those parameters already fit with our settings.

We still have problems recording it.

Even changing codecs: Hap, mpeg

:confused:

If you try using the movie file out TOP do you still have the same issues?

no we just have latency in video

the actual movie export dialogue is located at:

/ui/dialogs/dialog_exportmovie

To see this you actually have to run a script in the root path of your project:

op('ui').expose = True

It’s worth knowing that the scripting for this dialogue is all done in T-Script, and if you’re not familiar it can be difficult to pull apart.

Honestly, I wouldn’t advise trying to make changes here - though it is interesting to see how it’s put together.

Instead, I’d use this as a place to see how you would configure the moviefile out TOP to meet your needs - since there’s no magic to what’s happening, it’s just built out of native touch objects. When I export a movie from Touch I almost always end up making my own exporter.

One thing to keep in mind when you make your own is that you’ll likely want to turn off the real time flag at the top of the UI so you’re capturing every frame - that’s part of the secret sauce in the export dialogue.