How to make it in TD?

Hello, I have got my first request from a client about making some kind of interactive wall animation.
Basically, I have to make caterpillar style animation for an event. Please look at my picture.

dropbox.com/s/3v15tri3ggcmg … 9.png?dl=0

So basically, I going to get many images 500x500px, I have to make caterpillars from them and make some kind of motion, they all can be down from the top or any other way, it’s going to have a background image (is it possible to make a video file on bg?) and on top of it it’s going to be caterpillars different ways. What are the best ways to do it in Touch-designer?

This is my thoughts and probably steps:

1. import images from one folder, make them circular design with transparency.
  2. make caterpillar from those images and animate them on the screen
  3. Make them change to butterfly or anything cool instead of just going away, maybe there is a cooler way to make them disappear? Most important to show the circles with graphics inside, this is the key.

Guys any help would be helpful, it would be great to make it in TD! :wink:

I was going to make some example, it did not work well, but at least you can see some kind of caterpillar :smiley: it may not help you, but they all connected in caterpillar style:

I think to make it easier, how about if I have a 3D model with animation imported to TD?
Let’s say I have a simple model (reference to the post above) with UV map, I want to feed each circle to the new texture.

My idea is to create 10 animations, very similar but not the same and dynamically add images to the circles. How to do it in TD? I know animation maybe hard in TD or not necessary for this type of project.

I want to put some video on bg, and create a simple 3d scene (or even 2D scene?) with pre-made caterpillars animations and be able to add textures to those circles from the specific folder on the fly. Any ideas :question:

I have made animated FBX with circles and UV maps for them, I was thinking how to texture each circle with the texture. Can someone quickly review it base on the file?

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8wy … llarA2.fbx

Take a look at SOP Springs !
Use SOP Line (add the numbers of points that you want), SOP Group (to fixed the point index 0), and the SOP Spring (physique simulation), CHOP Sopto (know the coordinates of the points), then use Instance Geometry.
Cheers