Changing color in COMP-table

Hi guys,

As a comparison tool to my led matrix I want to use a COMP-table to display the colors of certain pixels. I have a DAT-table that contains the color data. As I zoom in to the COMP-table I can only find the color of all cells, is there a way I can change the colors individually? Or is there a better/easier way to do this?

Thanks!

If you open the wiki page for the Table COMP (click the topleft question mark in the parameter window of any operator to open its help page) you’ll see how to set attributes for each cell using the structure of the Table DATs inside of the Table COMP.

So the default Table COMP has the same color settings for each cell, but you can change this yourself easily. Here’s an example where I added new Table DATs with colors inside of the Table COMP so each cell has its own colors.
table_with_individual_cellcolors.tox (1.23 KB)

The lister custom Component is another option:
derivative.ca/wiki099/index. … ustom_COMP

Set up your columns using the “color” sourceDataMode. If you want to post an example DAT table I can throw together a simple example lister.

Yeah sure, this is the table I want to use. The first 3 values represent r,g and b the 1 is the alfa.
If you need any more info let me know.
table.txt (3.64 KB)

Here’s a very thrown together converter. A lot of it is just getting the RGBA values into a form that lister can read: “[R, G, B, A]”. Then just setting up 9 columns with sourceDataMode “color”.

Should get you started…
colorGrid.toe (8.28 KB)

In order to change the resolution, you need a column in the colDefine table for every x-pixel. The colDefine table can be found in the lister’s config COMP. Please check out the wiki documentation for details.