Custom Pars + External tox

I have a tox with some custom pars. It’s being loaded into a base, and I’m assigning those custom pars exports and/or references but those exports and references are gone when I re-open the project.

I was about to pass those values in via a CHOP In and then export them from inside the component to its own custom pars but that seems like a smell / dumb idea.

How best does one pass values to the custom pars on an external tox (one, I should mention, that gets reloaded on startup)?

EDIT: getting closer to the issue - I’ve realized that none of my changes to the custom par’s values are surviving restart – they’re all going back to the values that were assigned at the time the tox was exported. That can’t be right, right? What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: maybe this should be under Beginners. Sorry

This might be a good use of internal parameters - these can be treated like extensions, so you could set them at start / load:

derivative.ca/wiki088/index … Parameters

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8690&hilit=internal+parameters

Thanks, Matthew - this forced me to internalize how these work, and they def seem like a better option than the handful of approaches I’ve been using.

I’m not clear on how you think they might fix the situation I have now, though, unless you think I should be using Python + internal pars to address the values in the.tox I’m trying to change rather than setting custom pars with references / exports.

Is that what you meant?

Doing a little more fighting I can see what you’re talking about - toggling the export flag on a CHOP that’s exporting seems to re-establish the connection after a reload.

Re. internal pars, what I was thinking was that you can still set exports to those pars, but you could also set a default val when exiting as a way to hold onto the last input val - though it sounds more like you’re after making sure you have a persistent export that survives restart/reload.

You might try a select CHOP inside your base and assigning those to internal pars - I’ve done that before, and it sounds very similar to your chop in solution - which I agree is not ideal.

Before you do that you might consider trying a list of ops that need to have their export flag pulsed in an execute DAT on start to see if that re-establishes your exports.

I’m not sure I totally understand your problem and goals, but when I have starting issues like this, I either put fixing code in extension init or an executeDAT onCreate or onStart.