how to setup the detection distance of kinect

Hi,
we are using the kinect by touchdesigner in the project.could u pls help to tell me how to setup the detection distance of kinect because the environment which we want to use kinect is the crowed
room,so…I want to setup the detection zones to ignore the people who is not the player.
any help ,
thx very much

Hi,

If you want to use built-in Kinect player detection system, I don’t think it’s possible - it’s built into Kinect driver.

But if you read the full point cloud, then you can remove some part of the geometry, e.g. something that is further/closer than some defined distance.

I had this same issue, I was able to use two logic chops that stopped the player values when the user was outside of the X and Z range of where I wanted them to interact.

So f they are outside of X range and Z range, then a switch chop stopped their values from being effective.

Hope that helps.

Had similar problems in the past - Jason - did you track all six skeletons then pick the best one/s?

Bruce

Hi Jason, im working on a project that needs a solution, could you please explain how this method works? Thanks!

Here is a sketchy post process tox for cropping and transforming your point cloud

KinectPostProcess.tox (3.4 KB)

Here is another sketchy interface that allows you to select your subject by dragging a point of interest on the UI itself.
kinectFocus.tox (41.1 KB)