Removed features in Animation COMP & Keyframe CHOP

The wiki pages for the Animation COMP and Keyframe CHOP lists some parameters that appear to not exist anymore:

Animation COMP parameter for specifying a channels table path.
Keyframe CHOP parameters for play mode, play/reset/cue and speed.

Without these, it seems difficult to use Animation COMPs that share channels/keyframes but use different playback settings. Is there an alternative? I get how having these non-standard animation setups would cause problems in the editor, but not all animation is manually constructed in the editor.

[url]http://www.derivative.ca/wiki099/index.php?title=Animation_COMP[/url]
[url]http://www.derivative.ca/wiki099/index.php?title=Keyframe_CHOP[/url]

Could you make use of Select DATs to replace the channels and keys DAT?

Cheers
Markus

Yes. That solves one of the issues.

Could you create multiple cloned Animation COMPs each with different playback settings, just editing the channels and keys of the Master Animation COMP?

True.
Mostly the goal is to be able to run numerous arbitrarily timed chunks of the same rather densely keyframed animation in parallel without it being particularly resource-intensive. Since I don’t know much about the implementation of the Animation/Keyframe OPs, I’m assuming that there’s some amount of the calculations that are handled at the level of the Animation COMP which aren’t playback-dependent which could be shared amongst many playback points. It seems like it at least used to have some sort of implementation like that. Either that or the Keyframe CHOP does most of the work with interpolating between keyframes.
It’s also possible this is an unnecessary micro-optimization, but I’ve definitely noticed at least some lag and memory usage when loading ~20MB of keyframes. So doing less of that would be good. The Select DAT option should help at least with memory usage and initial load time. I may also be able to reduce the keyframe data by scaling the sample rate and saving/loading a simplified (but less accurate) version.

Output animation comp in full output to a null, lock the null, bypass the anim comp.

Use lookupchop with the null and specify whatever index you want.
(I think that multiple lookups should be lighter than multiple anim comps.)

That would work. I could feasibly either have multiple timelines each with a time-based lookup in the same channels, or possibly do something with a set of timer chops.